Friday, September 14, 2012

Best Homemade Pudding

I am a huge fan of pudding. Pistachio, vanilla, lemon, banana, butterscotch... they all fill my heart with joy. My husband is not. He thinks it's gross. I think the texture just weirds him out. However, my mom and dad won him over to pudding with their homemade cocoa pudding that we have during the holiday season. Well, really anytime, but especially around Hanukkah and Christmas. I finally started making it for him (well, us) a few years ago. It is SO easy and SO good! We like it best when hot, especially if you top it with homemade whipped cream. Oh my. It is also quite good cold. In fact, that is what I used as Moon Mud for our space day. I'm going to be a doll and share our super easy recipe :o)

Cocoa Pudding
1/2 cup sugar (brown or white! I have used both and can barely tell a difference)
1/4 cup cornstarch (I love Trader Joe's brand as it is non GMO)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/3 cups milk
dash of vanilla

Combine the dry ingredients in the pot, then add the milk. Heat on medium and whisk pudding until it is thick. DON'T let it burn! It will get weird and lumpy. When it is the desired consistency (about 4 minutes usually for me),  add the vanilla and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment