Thursday, December 29, 2011

Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake

Yesterday afternoon I was having a mad craving for a milkshake. A really good milkshake. We didn't have any ice cream in the house and I had already downed a giant smoothie so I did what I always do when I am craving something i can't have: searched it on Pinterest. Cos I love to torture myself with beautiful images of things I can't have. And apparently I am not the only one who does this, cos let's face it, there would be no Pinterest if there weren't hundreds or thousands of us. Anyways, I searched "milkshake"and so many beautiful photos came into view, but one really stuckout: The Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake. So i immidiately repinned it and then went to the original post in order to gawk at a larger image.It took me here. I stared and I nearly drooled. Today we went grocery shopping and made sure we got vanilla ice cream. And it was so worth it. You can go to the original blog to see her creation with much better pictures and more detailed measurements. I tend to ingnore details in recipes and I don't have the patience to figure out how to edit bad photos to make them amazing, but this is what I did.

Put a bunch of marshmallows on a cookiesheet. I used foil to prevent having to clean a sticky sheet. Then i ran out of big ones so I added a bunch of minis.


Broil those babies for a minute or so.


Put 2 parts vanilla bean ice cream and 1 part milk in the blender.


Add the toasted/charred marshmallows and blend.


This is the finished product, which I wish looked better but the lighting was bad and blah blah blah, here it is.


And it was divine. Seriously, I could have easily drank the whole thing by myself. And probably a second one as well.
Go ahead, make one...you know you want to...

2 comments:

  1. GRETCHEN!!! I HAD NO IDEA YOU HAD A BLOG!!!! WHy didn't you tell me, crazy girl???????!!!! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am not very good about writing regularly so I am hesitant to "promote" it :o)
    and really im mostly doing it so i can freely talk about food and the kids without bombarding facebook all the time so i just link it when i post something. thanks, love :o)

    ReplyDelete