Monday, March 25, 2013

Nn is for Nest & Tt is for Turtle (ish)

So... I know we did a lot of fun stuff for these units, but it feels like SO long ago and I remember nothing! Basically, anything we did the month before moving is a blur. This is all I've got...


For the nest unit we learned about animal homes and I know we spent a lot of time outside. We went to the zoo and talked about habitats. We also did a day that I added when my nephew was visiting (age 4) about fire safety. Stop drop and roll is always fun :o)

For the Turtle unit, my favorite book was Emma's Turtle. Elijah loved having a new reason to look at the globe and track where the turtle thought he was. Cute stuff!



letter blending! I was so excited to officially start this with elijah and he picked it up so quickly.

I don't remember exactly what this was for, but I love the pictures. I know I had him run a distance in his boots and then had him do it in mine. What did it have to do with? I am really not sure, but the message is clear: his boots are way easier :o)


We also spent A LOT of time in this month making lego robot "families" and "armies". These are a personal favorite of mine in the list of things to build with legos.

This was also right around the time that Hans started pulling himself up on furniture.

 We also had a day with friends over to learn about Thanksgiving (again, I KNOW I took pictures of all the cool things we did, but this is all I can find) and the kids made these cool Native American vests.




     ...and this is just because I am in LOVE with these beautiful dishes my sister found for me at a yard sale! I was so happy to get to use them for Thanksgiving and thought these happy flowers went perfectly. We have so very much to be thankful for!




No comments:

Post a Comment